Your windshield is much more than a piece of glass. It’s a vital part of your car’s safety equipment, engineered for strength and visibility.
If you have a windshield chip or crack, we can help. We repair and replace many of the windshields in and around New Orleans. For a top quality windshield repair or replacement, call 504-229-0525 or contact us online.
5 things you didn’t know about your windshield
1. Windshields provide up to 30% of roof support. If you’re in a roll-over accident you rely on your windshield to help stop your vehicle’s roof from collapsing.
2. Windshields help your airbags function. Passenger side airbags bounce off the windshield before expanding to protect the passenger. If your windshield is damaged or poorly installed the force of the airbag can pop it out of the frame during a crash.
3. All windshields are tinted, even if they look clear. Hold a piece of white paper behind your windshield to see the color.
4. Windshields are made of layers of glass. Early car windshields were just regular glass – very dangerous when they shattered in a crash. Today’s windshields have a plastic film between two layers. If the glass shatters the pieces stay safely stuck to the film.
5. Properly repaired windshields are as strong as undamaged glass. Repairing your windshield will not compromise your safety. If it’s done properly, the result will be as strong as a windshield fresh from the factory.
New Orleans Finest Detailing Auto Glass & Window Tinting repairs and replacements are available to drivers across the New